Sep 6, 2012

Here It Goes...


Hello everyone. And so, here we begin this journey of exploration into the world of music.  That’s what this blog is here for; to explore,promote, and share ideas about an industry that I love so much. And I know I’m not alone in that love for music.
           
This blog is not about imposing what is the best music out there, and what you should be listening over to what you are listening to. That isn’t the goal. I strive to try and keep up the train of thought I’ve always had in my belief that no one particular genre of music is better than the other. I may have preferences to what I enjoy more, but I don’t ever consider it to be better than others. It’s all just different. Just as is the population of people living on this planet, so many differing cultures, yet they all embrace music in some way. It’s a common bond really.
            
My goal is just trying to hopefully open up some eyes in terms of maybe introducing you to artists you may not have heard of, but once you have a listen, you can add them as a very listened to addition to your iTunes library. That choice of course is ultimately up to you in the end, but my goal is to at least let you know about the stuff I’ve heard, which you may end up also enjoying.
            
But it’s not just the underground, more indie stuff I intend to address. I try not to be elitist when it comes to music, so while I have great love for the more indie stuff, I do enjoy the more popular, big name, and top-40 stuff too. So I will follow the bigger names, as well as the more unknown artists, and any festivals, or music related stuff.
           
Personally, my own iTunes library is very bi-polar, as it ranges in artists and genres and eras. I think, overall, it makes me well-rounded lol. But I speak only for myself, and not the rest of you out there.  
          
And because of where I live, in NYC, there is plenty of opportunity for me to run into some great musical talent anywhere, on any given day really. Some of the street performers, and subway platform guys can be talented, you know. They just may not have the means and opportunity, which is the case for many really.
            
Hopefully you’ve gotten a sense of what this particular blog is about. And even more hopefully, it’s something you’ve taken interest in, and will keep coming back.  And so, like the title said:  Here It Goes...




No comments:

Post a Comment