Actually, I think that reason is obvious...her talent lol. But I became a fan of her covers, and then from there I heard her original stuff and enjoyed that too.
She started on YouTube, and I think only relatively recently did she get signed.....though it's a very small, indie label. And even with being signed to a label, she's not really known.
Shame I think......people like Meghan (and many others) who are actually talented can get lost in the shuffle, while people who aren't as talented really get the goods.
But at least we have sites like YouTube that allow for bit more awareness.......much more than years ago.
I realize it also depends on the type of music you enjoy, but if you like singer/songwriters, then I'd say she's a good fit.
I mean, I really don't like that "Call Me Maybe" song by Carly Rae Jepsen....but her cover is awesome (just her voice, etc.) and I can't stop listening to it.
I always look forward to her Request Tuesdays, which is when she posts the latest cover (chosen from the recommendations she gets on her page). Good marketing in a way....being interactive in a way with the audience.
You can find her stuff on iTunes (that's something that started pretty recently) and her YouTube page obviously....also on Facebook and Twitter.
I just hope that her talent & voice get more notice one day. She's an awesome discovery I made on YouTube, and I know it most likely won't be the last discovery I make....
Meghan's YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/tonjesml
Call Me Maybe (Carly Rae Jepsen cover)
PAYPHONE (Maroon 5 cover)
No comments:
Post a Comment